Thursday, June 18, 2009

43. A Few Things...

I have been not really busy until a couple days ago, mainly hanging out with friends until this morning, but here is basically two stories that I will talk about:

Starting with the most recent...

Well this morning I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I wish I could say how much it hurt, but they used a general anesthetic in my IV that knocked me out within a minute so I was out for the whole extraction thankfully. My face was really numb and for about 3 hours after the operation I had gauze on both sides of my mouth. About twice my one side started to bleed again and I had to put more gauze in my mouth for that side. When the numbness went away, that same side started to hurt, so I got two pills of Ibuprofen (which is recommended) and haven't been in pain for the rest of the night.

The main reason I needed my wisdom teeth removed was because my tooth on the lower right was pointed towards my cheek and would hurt for a week at a time about four times a year, plus the tooth on the opposite side of it hadn't fully broken through. They decided to take all four out in order to prevent the other two "healthy" teeth in order to prevent bacteria growth and what not because of where they are in relation to brush one's teeth.

But anyways, so far so good, tomorrow will probably hurt real bad and I might have to take that hydrocodon stuff. I know I have to have that bacterial rinse stuff or whatever it is and that won't taste good at all...

Now for part two...

Okay, why is it that some women think that when you ask them to go to dinner they think you're asking them out?

This happened two days ago between a friend and I who I haven't seen in about nine years. That right there shows that I just want to hang out and reminisce about stuff, that's it. I have no notions nor feelings towards her in that way at all! I don't get why people in general automatically assume stuff like that. Sorry if I don't find it weird that hanging out with the other sex can happen without a date being a possibility. Who knows the next time I will talk to her again because it's a little embarrassing for someone to automatically assume I want to go out with them when I haven't even hung out with them in almost ten years! I'm not going to ask you out based on Facebook conversations because you can't hear the person and you aren't right near them in order to develop and feelings like that. Oh well, when I can eat more than just soft food, I just go get dinner with friends of the same sex and those of the opposite sex who know I'm not trying to date them and take girls I want to go out with to midnight bowling.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Both guys and girls take things the wrong way all the time. I think it is often my own responsibility to make sure that the person I am talking too doesn't get the wrong idea. Still, sometimes it's unavoidable. People assume things and you can't help where their mind goes when you say something.