Tuesday, June 24, 2008

10. Part 2

Ok, where was I? Ah yes, Saturday.

Because my sister and I were going to spend Father's Day with my mom's father, we decided, with our cousins to spend the day before with our dads and take them out for dinner. So we took them to a place called Betty's, which has good fish and chips, but it is full of old people (think of K & S Cafeteria if you have ever been there, its full of God's prospects). My dad said the one time when he was eating there that someone had a heart attack. Anyways, after that, we went our separate ways and headed home to hang out with the relatives again. By the way, I paid for my sister, my dad, and I.

On Sunday, my dad and I went to Niagara-on-the-Lake and saw some really nice houses, which most of this stuff I have never seen. We past by Fort George, a British fort during the War of 1812. The area right by the fort has the old Union Jacks (just the combination of the Scottish and English flags) along with the Canadian flags in the main drag of the town. While in the area we stopped by the edge of Lake Ontario, where, on a good day, you can look across and see Toronto! The area we were at had huge blocks of stone, I guess to break down any storm surges if that was to happen. We kept along and stopped at another spot were there was sand and where Fort Niagara was clearly visible. Fort Niagara was the American fort during the War of 1812 and no wonder Fort George was bombarded by the Americans, they are so close to each other! On a side note, there was the group of really nice looking women who all had the same blue tank-tops on, they said CZECH, so i'm guessing they came from the Czech Republic. Anyways, enough of the sight-seeing and back to the relatives for a Father's Day party for my grandfather. We had some huge steaks we got from a local butcher (Stormy's) and some hot dogs. After the dinner, I put on some Max Webster songs from my laptop sense mostly everybody was a fan of them. After about an hour, the party was over and we went to help my aunt and uncle with their horses because a storm was coming. This was the last day of the trip and we had to be up by 4:30am so we can get a headstart on the drive back down. On Monday we went to the Duty Free where I bought some gfts for some friends down south and off we went.

No comments: