Sunday, June 1, 2008

8. Owner Of An Lonely Heart

Yes. But no, i'm not talking about the song.

I feel slightly alone despite being the most socially active I have been in awhile, but it might be because of what I was doing, so lets break this down:

Friday:
  • Hung out with Heather (my ex) at Taco Bell till 5:30 when her dad came by, had something to eat and then we went to Buffaloe Lanes so the three of us could bowl. After that, we went back to the apartments so her dad could fix a sprinkler head and then we went to Cold Stone Creamery to have some ice cream.
  • A couple of hours later, I went midnight bowling with my friend Matt. We do this every week, and its good fun when you're with friends, but after awhile you start to realize that if we had girlfriends, we wouldn't really need to go do this every week.

Saturday

  • Worked for four hours to make up my time, but it became a hassle because I had to fix a garage door and I failed on my first attempt to work on an A/C by myself. Heather and I hung out again, this time we went to Wendy's and had dinner with her dad. After that we went to her grandmothers house and played some dominoes (which I haven't done since we went out) and I lost badly, as I usually did.
  • While with Heather I found out from Matt that he and a friend of ours wanted to go midnight bowling, so when I got home around 10 PM, I sat and relaxed for about half an hour before being picked up by Matt and off we went. I bowled three times in two days! Just a little too much me thinks...

Sunday

  • Hit the compactor in the morning, was a little backed up because nobody hit it Saturday afternoon. After that I went with my family to Sam's Club where I bought a new pair of shorts that I can hopefully use at work. Went home and watched TV until I had to go back and hit the compactor again. While there with my mom, I noticed Heather's dad at the pool and Heather was there with him, so I called her to get her attention and she came over and talked to my mom and I while I was putting trash in the compactor. Her dad came over a coupel of minutes later and talked with us and then it was off to the grocery store to buy some food and drinks for the week.

To sum things up, I am in that "hate to be single" phase right now, especially since I hung out and saw my ex for three straight days! Makes me wonder how her boyfriend is taking it... It's like when you see yourself from the future comes up and shows you what your life will be like from this point on if you did this certain decision except its the complete reverse. I go from being with someone I spent about eight of the happiest months of my life to midnight bowling with friends where it reminds you of the fact that you don't have a special someone anymore and whether or not you will find somebody else. As long as I believe that there is a bright future ahead of me then I think I will be fine.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Having a significant other shouldn't be the only thing to keep a person going. I know I'm seeing it objectively, from a distance, and you're seeing it first hand and very emotionally, and I guess I can seem a bit insensitive at times. Yeah, being around an ex IS painful, especially the longer the relationship was. I know from personal experience, and the guy and I weren't even "officially" dating, but we had something going for like a month, and we've known each other now for twelve years. Apart from him, I can say I'm over him, but when I see him, there's something still there. I believe there's always something there, which is why there are so many affairs with ex-girlfriends these days (though I suppose there always have been).

We're all searching for a soulmate ultimately. I know some people are in denial about that, but really, I think that's what humans are programmed for. Someday you'll find yourself in a situation where you and your future wife are put together somehow, by a twist of fate so to speak. Jeff Myers says that during these years we need to concentrate more on BEING the right person rather than FINDING the right person. And it's not the end of the world if you never have a girlfriend again (highly unlikely...), but I'm sure you know you shouldn't put all your energy into wishing you weren't single. Go pick up some interesting hobbies or something...eventually that could be something you and your future significant other have in common and love doing together.

Sorry for the long comment, but I didn't blog today, so I had to write SOMEwhere.

Chris said...

It's not painful, I have fun and enjoy her presence, its when I went to midnight bowling with my other friends that hits me with how single I really am in a sense.