Sunday, December 28, 2008

32. The Thrill Is Gone

Well, I guess it was not meant to be. I believe I am at the point where I can talk to her, and I have tried at least twice. But the question is, should I try harder or let things go? I don't know what I feel about her any more, whether I like her or not like her because of what was said, it's almost a numb feeling. It's just that I don't want to have her talk to me about it when she is back in the cozy comforts of Appalachian State because then it will be too late and I am not willing to wait for her to come back only for her to back off once again.

But does this mean the friendship is over as well? It's been exactly two weeks since we last talked to each other. I just wish she should come out and tell me what this "horrible timing" thing is about because I would have completely understood if she told me that she was starting to like this other guy and that's why she was acting like she did. That would have been clear cut and I would have been fine with that and we could have gone on with our merry lives instead of just being told that she needs to stop talking to me because it makes her like me again and say "it just is." I just want to know the whole story and I have soothed to the point where I don't get mad and pissed off at the thoughts (its that numb feeling).

I guess in the time being, there are other fish in this massive ocean called singledom.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

First of all, call her. Tell her you are not getting off till you get the whole story.

Second of all, I hope the reason you are wanting to go out with her isn't just so you won't be single. That is the wrong reason and it will hurt someone eventually.

Chris said...

No, that's not the reason I would want to go out with her, never would do that in my life.

I started to become attached to her and I wanted to persue a relationship. As I stated in the other blog post, I wanted to hang out with her this winter break to see if we could go further, but I guess it is at a halt until I know what the hell is going on.