Wednesday, May 14, 2008

3. Vacation Time

Yesterday at work, I kept thinking about how much of a fast-pace nation we live in (yes I said nation, not world). We work for months on end and (in my line of work) are guaranteed two weeks of vacation time, but we should have more. I believe in Germany they are required to have three months, yes, months of vacation! We pride ourselves in being efficient but in reality we are just working ourselves to death, its all about getting the money's worth out of people and it gets frustrating.

At the moment I am taking two straight days off from work and so far today its been good and I hope I get to go to Canada in June so that I can have almost a week off. It was good to relax, but I know that Friday i'll be back and trying to make sure the job ship doesn't sink. I'm so relaxed at the moment that I do not really care that I messed up at work. Apparently I forgot to vacuum out the caulking I took off from one of the bath tubs in an apartment and they walked the future residents into it, oh well. I mean, the guy already looked at his apartment before we turned it and I know why I didn't vacuum the caulking because I simply forgot because I was busy wanting to caulk and goof-off (its a solvent that gets rid of paint off of reciprocal plates) two other apartments and I was planning on going back to vacuum, but of course I forgot because the last apartment I was working on I had to fix some stuff in it before leaving. They also said a shower head was missing, which I told my supervisor on the phone that I did not take off a shower head (and I know I didn't do that! It didn't need to be replaced!)

My supervisor always tries to let whoever screw up feel a little bit better because he let's me know i'm not the only one that does it (and I know that because our lead tech forgets things all the time!). So in the end, Friday morning I need to vacuum the caulk before they move in and if my property manager and the lead tech are the only ones that say anything, then i'll be good, other wise i'll be pissed and lack concentration for the rest of the day.

No comments: