Wednesday, May 14, 2008

4. Peaceful Easy Feeling

Just a quick post, listening to The Very Best of the Eagles is helping with the relaxing mood tonight. I got into listening tonight after watching their concert film When Hell Freezes Over and whenever I listen to their stuff, it makes me feel like getting back to simple times and being rustic.

Since I lived in Arizona for four years, I can definitely put some desert scenery to my mind when I hear some of their songs and the sparseness of the desert reminds me of the pioneer times, when easy riding was done on a horse and any person could go on their own path. Coincidentally, while listening to "Ol' '55" with it's wandering steel guitar and the imagery sung by Don Henley, I kinda wish I was back there, mainly for the six hour drive up to Las Vegas when the main highway was a two lanes and all that was around was the desert, the red rocks, the cacti, the mountains, the elevation, and the lack of buildings along the way.

It might be more introvertedness that kicks in because when I visualize those images in my head, its more of wanting to be secluded in those mountains and not having to worry about neighbors so I can do whatever I want. But it would be no fun being in that seclusion without a significant other!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Mm-hmm!

Yeah, I would like to go back to the "old times" where life was much simpler and industrialization (sp?) hadn't decided to take over. Not that it really decided, but you know what I mean. I like being in the middle of nowhere, too, but sometimes I would just like to be completely alone. And I'm not so into the dezert that much. I like the Appalachian mountains better. But I'd take anywhere where I didn't have to have neighbors on all sides of me!

And that's very...interesting about the caulking in the last entry. I get ADD about work like that, too.